Root Down to Blossom - Autumn retreat
Time & Location
About The Event
Join us for a getaway surrounded by the rich beauty of nature in the foothills of Southern Alberta...
...Rejuvenating your Self, and connecting with other women.
A scenic 40-min drive from YYC's city centre, this prairie escape will provide the space for you to disconnect from daily life, and Reconnect to your authentic Self!
In this retreat, we will be guiding you through a rejuvenating infusion of the following healing modalities:
• an all-levels Yoga Flow practice to build strength & endurance
• nature walk in the beautiful outdoors (weather-pending)
• a guided meditation
• relaxation tools
• an Expressive Art Therapy session
• grounding Yin Yoga practice
• pranayama (breathing techniques)
• mantras, affirmations & poem readings
• prompted & open journaling
• a sharing circle where we can bring our hearts & minds together
•...and the space to simply be... in the sweetness of stillness, silence + serenity
In addition to morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, the day will also include a mid-day lunch break (bring your own lunch to eat at the retreat centre -- fridge and microwave provided; however each participant should bring their own utensils, plates, etc). Refreshments of cucumber water, tea, and coffee will be provided throughout the day, along with some light snacks and fresh whole fruit. Please bring your own travel mug and water bottle for beverages.
A special gift for you
Each participant will also receive a take-home Self-Love Package, curated with intention by co-facilitators Erica & Cher, to continue your journey of care + rejuvenation in the days that follow the retreat.
Facility and amenities will be taken care of, including all yoga props, art supplies, and light refreshments. Transportation to the beautiful Spiritwood Retreat Centre is the responsibility of each participant to arrange on their own. Free parking on-site; carpooling is encouraged if feasible amongst fellow participants. Ask us for further details if you would like assistance with facilitating carpooling arrangements.
Day Retreat Package:
Sunday, November 28, 10am - 4pm
Maximum capacity of 10 participants.
- 10am: meet at Spiritwood Retreat Centre
- 10-10:15am: coffee/tea time, informal socializing, introduction to the space and the day's activities
- 10:15am: roll out our mats to begin our day! Introductions as a group to get to know each other.
- 10:30-11:30am: 50min Yoga Flow practice and 10min meditation & poem reading
- 11:30-11:45am: 15min bathroom & refreshment break, open journaling
- 11:45am-12:45pm: Open time — soak in Mother Nature together outside or take a moment to yourself. Spiritwood provides space for a nature walk outside in the trees and along the creek, embrace warmth around the firepit in conversation with others, or take a moment alone at various outdoor seating spaces around the property — option for casual group activity, or individual time!
- 12:45pm-1:30pm: meet back at the lodge for our lunch break
- 1:30pm-2:30pm: Expressive Art Therapy session; including poem readings, rhythmic inuitive movement, and prompted journaling in light of art therapy reflections
- 2:30-2:45pm: bathroom & refreshment break, open journaling
- 2:45-3:30pm: Relaxing self-care tools & techniques, followed by a 30min Yin Yoga practice
- 3:30-3:45pm: guided meditation
- 3:45-4pm: Closing circle
~ Spots are limited to 10 participants for our intimate getaway. Sign up early to secure your spot! ~
Notice: under the current provincial mandate, upon entry to our retreat we will need to verify one of the following for every participant:
- proof of double vaccination, or --
- proof of a privately-paid negative rapid test result taken within 72 hours of service, or --
- documentation of a medical exemption
As of November 15, 2021, facilities are required to scan QR Codes for vaccine verification. Be sure to have a digital or hard copy QR Code to verify your records (you can get yours online here: https://covidrecords.alberta.ca/home); or bring a hard copy of negative test result or medical excemption, plus a government issued photo ID. The owner of Spiritwood will require to verify this for each participant in order to enter the retreat centre.
Cancellation policy: please understand that we will do our best to accommodate you, however we have limitations due to the third-party venue requirements for our retreat. For any circumstances that may alter your plans, Covid-related or otherwise, we *will not* be able to issue a refund for your ticket price; however, we would be happy to extend a credit to you for use towards a future retreat with us, within the calendar year. We are actively setting our 2022 retreat dates for the year ahead.
"The circles of women around us weave invisible nets of love that carry us when we are weak
and sing with us when we are strong. ~ Sark
Erica Pretty BA, RMT, YT
Erica is a mother of an energetic toddler and has been a facilitator of healing for 15+years. She currently practices at a fertility and post-natal clinic, facilitating healing on the journey through motherhood. Through her many years of training and practicing Meditation, Hatha and Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Massage Therapy, Expressive Arts, and a Degree in Anthropology and Indigenous Studies, her aim is to allow you to connect deeply to your true authentic self whilst encouraging you to blossom into your fullest potential.
"After becoming a mother I've learned even more how self-care is crucial to our mental, physical, and emotional health. We must fill our cup first so we can be there for ourselves, our children, and our families. Taking time out to re-connect to who we are as individuals makes us more present and able to weather the constant navigating that is motherhood. Workshops and retreats with other mothers allows us a safe space to feel a sense of connection and ease where we feel supported, revived and loved. A place to blossom and just be as we are."
Cher Compton Owner of Dragonfly Maternity
Cher has been guiding others on their healing journey through Yoga & Meditation for over 5 years, with certifications in 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training, 85-hr Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Training, 30-hr Yin Yoga Training, 50-hr Kids Yoga Training and a 108hr Yogini Path Immersion. As a mother of two preteen boys, she's experienced the highs & lows of parenthood, which is why she brought Dragonfly Maternity to life. Building relationships and having a place where moms & parents can be supported in a variety of ways, is the true essence of what Dragonfly is about.
"In the early days of being a first-time mom -- along with the joy & excitement, I also felt a lot of anxiety, isolation, and depression. It was my connection to others and the support that I felt through relationships -- my family, friends, and new moms that I was forming friendships with -- that got me through those tough times. Connection with others is so important for our emotional & mental well-being; which is why I believe that holding the space for us mamas is so instrumental on this journey -- holding space to experience healing, rejuvenation, education, inspiration, laughter, tears... the full range that can emerge when we come together!"
- RDTB - Nov 2021 - Day Retreat$150+$7.50 GST$150+$7.50 GST0$0