Sun, Sept 18|
Root Down to Blossom - Day Retreat: Summer session
Join us for a getaway immersing yourself in nature ...Rejuvenating your Self, and connecting with other women!
Time & Location
Sept 18, 2022, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Bragg Creek, 12 Balsam Ave, Bragg Creek, AB T0L 0K0, Canada
About The Event
Join us for a getaway surrounded by the rich beauty of nature in the foothills of Southern Alberta...
...Rejuvenating your Self, and connecting with other women.
A 45min drive from YYC's city centre, this escape into the Foothills of Alberta will provide the space for you to disconnect from daily life, and Reconnect to your authentic Self!
In this retreat, we will be guiding you through a rejuvenating infusion of the following healing modalities:
• an all-levels Yoga Flow practice to build strength & endurance
• nature walk in the beautiful outdoors (weather-pending)
• a guided meditation
• relaxation tools
• an Expressive Art Therapy session
• grounding Yin Yoga practice
• pranayama (breathing techniques)
• mantras, affirmations & poem readings
• prompted & open journaling
• a sharing circle where we can bring our hearts & minds together
•...and the space to simply be... in the sweetness of stillness, silence + serenity
In addition to morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, the day will also include a mid-day lunch break.
A special gift for you
Each participant will also receive a take-home Self-Love Package, curated with intention by co-facilitators Erica & Cher, to continue your journey of care + rejuvenation in the days that follow the retreat.
Facility and amenities will be taken care of; transportation is the responsibility of each participant to arrange on their own.
Sunday, September 18, 9am - 3pm
Early-bird price: $150 (until July 31, 2022)
Regular ticket price: $165 (effective August 1, 2022)
• 9am: meet at the retreat centre
• 9-9:15am: coffee/tea time, informal socializing, introduction to the space and the day's activities
• 9:15am: roll out our mats to begin our day! Introductions as a group to get to know each other.
•9:30-10:30am: 50min Yoga Flow practice and 10min meditation & poem reading
• 10:30-10:45am: 15min bathroom & refreshment break, open journaling
• 10:45am-11:45pm: Open time — soak in Mother Nature together outside or take a moment to yourself. Nestled in the centre of Bragg Creek, Yoga Spirit provides space for a nature walk outside in the trees and along the creek, sit outside in conversation with others, or take a moment alone at various outdoor seating spaces — option for casual group activity, or individual time!
•11:45am-12:30pm: meet back inside for our lunch break
• 12:30pm-1:30pm: Expressive Art Therapy session; including poem readings, rhythmic intuitive movement, and prompted journaling in light of art therapy reflections
•1:30-1:45pm: bathroom & refreshment break, open journaling
• 1:45-2:30pm: Relaxing self-care tools & techniques, followed by a 30min Yin Yoga practice
• 2:30-2:45pm: guided meditation
• 2:45-3pm: Closing circle
~ Spots are limited for our intimate getaway. Sign up early to secure your spot!
Check out our promo video at: https://youtu.be/YS8PyKSN18E
Cancellation policy: please understand that we will do our best to accommodate you, however we have limitations due to the third-party venue requirements for our retreat. For any circumstances that may alter your plans, Covid-related or otherwise, we *will not* be able to issue a refund for your ticket price; however, we would be happy to extend a credit to you for use towards a future retreat with us, within the calendar year. Our retreats run seasonally; see our Events page for upcoming dates.
"The circles of women around us weave invisible nets of love that carry us when we are weak and sing with us when we are strong. ~ Sark
Erica Pretty BA, RMT, YT
Erica is a mother of an energetic toddler and has been a facilitator of healing for 15+years. She currently practices at a fertility and post-natal clinic, facilitating healing on the journey through motherhood. Through her many years of training and practicing Meditation, Hatha and Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Massage Therapy, Expressive Arts, and a Degree in Anthropology and Indigenous Studies, her aim is to allow you to connect deeply to your true authentic self whilst encouraging you to blossom into your fullest potential.
"After becoming a mother I've learned even more how self-care is crucial to our mental, physical, and emotional health. We must fill our cup first so we can be there for ourselves, our children, and our families. Taking time out to re-connect to who we are as individuals makes us more present and able to weather the constant navigating that is motherhood. Workshops and retreats with other mothers allows us a safe space to feel a sense of connection and ease where we feel supported, revived and loved. A place to blossom and just be as we are."
Cher Compton Owner of Dragonfly Maternity
Cher has been guiding others on their healing journey through Yoga & Meditation for 6 years, with certifications in 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training, 85-hr Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Training, 30-hr Yin Yoga Training, 50-hr Kids Yoga Training and a 108hr Yogini Path Immersion. As a mother of two preteen boys, she's experienced the highs & lows of parenthood, which is why she brought Dragonfly Maternity to life. Building relationships and having a place where moms & parents can be supported in a variety of ways, is the true essence of what Dragonfly is about.
"In the early days of being a first-time mom -- along with the joy & excitement, I also felt a lot of anxiety, isolation, and depression. It was my connection to others and the support that I felt through relationships -- my family, friends, and new moms that I was forming friendships with -- that got me through those tough times. Connection with others is so important for our emotional & mental well-being; which is why I believe that holding the space for us mamas is so instrumental on this journey -- holding space to experience healing, rejuvenation, education, inspiration, laughter, tears... the full range that can emerge when we come together!"