Sun, Feb 27|
Bridgeland Riverside Community Assoc.
Root Down to Blossom - Winter 2022 retreat
Join us for a getaway immersing yourself in nature ...Rejuvenating your Self, and connecting with other women!
Time & Location
Feb 27, 2022, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Bridgeland Riverside Community Assoc., 917 Centre Ave NE, Calgary, AB T2E 0C6, Canada
About The Event
Join us for a getaway, carving out time for Self...
...Rejuvenating and connecting with other women.
This inner-city location along the Bow River will provide the space for you to disconnect from daily life, and Reconnect to your authentic Self!
In this retreat, we will be guiding you through a rejuvenating infusion of the following healing modalities:
• an all-levels Yoga Flow practice to build strength & endurance
• nature walk and fire-time in the beautiful outdoors (weather-pending)
• a guided meditation
• relaxation tools
• an Expressive Art Therapy session
• grounding Yin Yoga practice
• pranayama (breathing techniques)
• mantras, affirmations & poem readings
• prompted & open journaling
• a sharing circle where we can bring our hearts & minds together
•...and the space to simply be... in the sweetness of stillness, silence + serenity
In addition to morning and afternoon refreshment breaks, the day will also include a mid-day lunch break (bring your own lunch or visit one of the nearby cafes). Refreshments of water and tea will be provided throughout the day, along with some light snacks and fresh whole fruit.
A special gift for you
Each participant will also receive a take-home Self-Love Package, curated with intention by co-facilitators Erica & Cher, to continue your journey of care + rejuvenation in the days that follow the retreat.
Facility and amenities will be taken care of, including all yoga props, art supplies, and light refreshments. Free street parking on-site.
Day Retreat Package:
Sunday February 27, 10am - 4pm
- 10am: meet in the "Lantern Room" of the BRCA facility
- 10-10:15am: coffee/tea time, informal socializing, introduction to the space and the day's activities
- 10:15am: roll out our mats to begin our day! Introductions as a group to get to know each other.
- 10:30-12pm: 60min Yoga Flow practice and 20min meditation & poem reading
- 12pm-1pm: Open time for conncting to Mother Nature together outside or take a moment to yourself. This will be our lunch break, as well as open time to explore the surroundings. The river close by and park located on site offer space for a nature walk outside, embrace warmth around the firepit in conversation with others, or take a moment alone at various outdoor seating spaces around the space — option for casual group activity, or individual time!
- 1pm-2:30pm: Expressive Art Therapy session; including poem readings, rhythmic inuitive movement, and prompted journaling in light of art therapy reflections
- 2:30-2:45pm: bathroom & refreshment break, open journaling
- 2:45-3:30pm: Relaxing self-care tools & techniques, followed by a 30min Yin Yoga practice
- 3:30-3:45pm: guided meditation
- 3:45-4pm: Closing circle
Notice: as of the most recent provincial announcements, effective Feb. 9, 2022 the REP program is now lifted. Participants are still required to self-monitor for symptoms and isolate as required. Masks will still be required to be worn in high-traffic areas such as entry & exit at our retreat; however not while in one's designated area or while outdoors.
Cancellation policy: please understand that we will do our best to accommodate you, however we have limitations due to the third-party venue requirements for our retreat. For any circumstances that may alter your plans, Covid-related or otherwise, we *will not* be able to issue a refund for your ticket price; however, we would be happy to extend a credit to you for use towards a future retreat with us, within the calendar year.
"The circles of women around us weave invisible nets of love that carry us when we are weak
and sing with us when we are strong. ~ Sark
Erica Pretty BA, RMT, YT
Erica is a mother of an energetic toddler and has been a facilitator of healing for 15+years. She currently practices at a fertility and post-natal clinic, facilitating healing on the journey through motherhood. Through her many years of training and practicing Meditation, Hatha and Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra, Massage Therapy, Expressive Arts, and a Degree in Anthropology and Indigenous Studies, her aim is to allow you to connect deeply to your true authentic self whilst encouraging you to blossom into your fullest potential.
"After becoming a mother I've learned even more how self-care is crucial to our mental, physical, and emotional health. We must fill our cup first so we can be there for ourselves, our children, and our families. Taking time out to re-connect to who we are as individuals makes us more present and able to weather the constant navigating that is motherhood. Workshops and retreats with other mothers allows us a safe space to feel a sense of connection and ease where we feel supported, revived and loved. A place to blossom and just be as we are."
Cher Compton Owner of Dragonfly Maternity
Cher has been guiding others on their healing journey through Yoga & Meditation for over 5 years, with certifications in 200-hr Yoga Teacher Training, 85-hr Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Training, 30-hr Yin Yoga Training, 50-hr Kids Yoga Training and a 108hr Yogini Path Immersion. As a mother of two preteen boys, she's experienced the highs & lows of parenthood, which is why she brought Dragonfly Maternity to life. Building relationships and having a place where moms & parents can be supported in a variety of ways, is the true essence of what Dragonfly is about.
"In the early days of being a first-time mom -- along with the joy & excitement, I also felt a lot of anxiety, isolation, and depression. It was my connection to others and the support that I felt through relationships -- my family, friends, and new moms that I was forming friendships with -- that got me through those tough times. Connection with others is so important for our emotional & mental well-being; which is why I believe that holding the space for us mamas is so instrumental on this journey -- holding space to experience healing, rejuvenation, education, inspiration, laughter, tears... the full range that can emerge when we come together!"
RDTB-Feb2022 - Early bird rate
Join us for a getaway in Nature...rejuvenating your Self and connecting with other women! This includes the full day retreat on Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022 at Spiritwood Retreat Centre.$150.00Tax: +$7.50 GSTSale ended
Join us for a getaway in Nature...rejuvenating your Self and connecting with other women! This includes the full day retreat on Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022 at Spiritwood Retreat Centre.$165.00Tax: +$8.25 GSTSale ended